Sump Skimmer needs lift

  • Thread starter Thread starter calev
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

calev

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2023
Messages
39
Reaction score
26
Location
Port Arthur, TX 77642, USA
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings everyone I have to get my skimmer to ideal level if 7-9in. I need something to prop it up 4-6in. My sump is 13in deep. Previously I had a skimmer with a hanging attachment so I haven't encountered this yet, I looked at 3d racks but most were small and only 2-3 inches tall. Thanks yall!
 
Last edited:
I cut the bottom of a old 5 gallon bucket
 
Anything plastic or glass will work.
You just need the base to match the base of the skimmer so it's not wobbly, if you know what I mean.
Kids sand bucket sour cream containers or make something out of pvc.
Anything will work with a little DYI.
I used an old skimmer top for awhile.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new