Sump suggestion

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by Kar, Feb 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kar

Kar Active Member

Folks, need some help. I'm looking for a sump which has dimensions close to 20*16*16. I dont mind if it is a storage container from walmart or homedepot as I'm not looking for anything fancy. The thing is I need to remove my old Platinum Series Skimmer Sump and get a smaller one to make some room in the sump area. Any ideas where I could find one ?

Thanks
    Kar

Tags:

2. mtraylor

mtraylor Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

A 10 gallon Aquarium is close but no cigar. Cheap and ready to go, 20x10x12

3. Kar

Kar Active Member

thanks but am looking for a 20 gallon sump as my tank is 70 gallon

4. mtraylor

mtraylor Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

A 20gallon high is 24" long. That would be a cheap option. You could get an ebay sump made from one 20 gallon high for about 50 bucks
    Also you could build one if you have the skills for a nice custom cheap one made out of acrylic for about the same price.

5. Kar

Kar Active Member

Thanks the issue is , my tank/stand is just 36'' long, so I would like remove the existing sump and buy a new sump which is about 20'' long so that I can use the extra room to setup calcium reactor and top of container of 10 gallons

6. jda

jda Valuable Member

There are all kinds of used tanks at the Goodwill stores around here. A tube of aquarium silicone and some cheap glass from the hardware store (they will cut it for you), and you are all set. This is probably less than $40 to get this done.

If you cannot do with a standard size tank, you can have glass cut and edges polished for a glass shop. This is cheaper than having one built, but not as cheap as using a pre-made tank.

7. Kar

Kar Active Member

I thought of the same, using an old tank but didn’t find any in Craigslist with the dimensions I was looking for. I need keep searching..

Draft saved Draft deleted