Sump swap

TheReefAddict

More Than An Obsession
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have the ice cap 36xl. It has been a great sump. But like a lot of us, I like new gear and gadgets. I just ordered the royal exclusiv dreambox 4.0, and the supermarin 160. I’m looking forward to not dealing with filter socks anymore. The question for the group is, what should I expect in terms of reef stability? I’m planning on transferring all of my reef rubble into the new sump. Would love some insight from the R2R community that has swap out a sump before.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have the ice cap 36xl. It has been a great sump. But like a lot of us, I like new gear and gadgets. I just ordered the royal exclusiv dreambox 4.0, and the supermarin 160. I’m looking forward to not dealing with filter socks anymore. The question for the group is, what should I expect in terms of reef stability? I’m planning on transferring all of my reef rubble into the new sump. Would love some insight from the R2R community that has swap out a sump before.
I think most people deep clean the sump once a year or as needed.

If you're going from one box to another and moving over most of your gear, it should be no different.

I can't think of any possible negative side effects of a sump swap in reef stability or chemistry. I'm in to learn more though

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Use the opportunity to rinse the rocks in old tank water, clean everything else so it all looks as close to new as possible, and the post pics!!!

OP
OP
TheReefAddict

TheReefAddict

More Than An Obsession
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will definitely post picks. I’m not the most patient person so waiting 8 weeks for them make will absolutely stink.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back