Sump water level in relation to baffle

  • Thread starter Thread starter HP Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HP Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2024
Messages
53
Reaction score
39
Location
Northridge
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all happy Saturday and a happy fathers day coming up to all the dads.

I was wondering what the correct approach is.

Is the water level in skimmer chamber supposed to be below the baffle right before the return chamber? See pic attached. Should the water be below the yellow baffle before the foam sponge?

IMG_7814.jpeg


Thank you!
 
Hello all happy Saturday and a happy fathers day coming up to all the dads.

I was wondering what the correct approach is.

Is the water level in skimmer chamber supposed to be below the baffle right before the return chamber? See pic attached. Should the water be below the yellow baffle before the foam sponge?

IMG_7814.jpeg


Thank you!
Just to note the return chamber is the furthest left chamber .
 
It looks correct, as far as I can tell.
Great thanks. This is a broken in skimmer (Dalua Great White -7) already and for some reason it has started to produce microbubbles from the gate valve area that are reaching my display.

I did take it out to fix the rubber ring near the wheel, but nothing else. And since it has produced lots of fine microbubbles.

Should I add poly filter to the baffle?

Will it settle down in a few days? That’s what Dalua told me when I reached out to them.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new