Sump Width Confirmation

karamreef117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I am about to build a sump. I want to make sure my width is correct and for some reason I always have bad luck with this. SO I got a 33 long sump, the width on the 33, 40 long, and 55 gallons are all the same but to make sure I am going to be cutting out my baffles with a width of 12in. the tank is 12.75in width. would the 12in be good enough or should I go an extra step and do 11 7/8in? I am somewhat confusing myself so need someone to straighten it out please.
Thank you.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t make heads or tails from your description, but may I suggest that you make a cardboard model to insure that the sump fits the stand ( or other location ) and to be able to visualize your thoughts in cardboard before you get the glass cut. HTH

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are only talking baffles -- make them 1/8" less than the inside dimensions of the glass,1/4" thick.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%

Back