Sun coral appreciation thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redbird5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I feed twice a day and they're out during feeding time but most of the day chilling.
Mine were out all the time. I also checked the date stamp of the same photo. It was taken on a Sunday. I feed corals on Mondays and Fridays.
 
They only open at night correct? I think they’re so pretty!
Mine were wide-open during the day, as this is when they are fed. They can be trained this way.
Edit: I went back to check the time stamp of my first photo. It was taken at 10:05 a.m.
That’s good to know, maybe I will try one. Does it help to place them in a shaded spot like under an overhang or cave?
 
They only open at night correct? I think they’re so pretty!
You can train them to your schedule of feeding. Tidal gardens has great info about success with suncorals.
 
That’s good to know, maybe I will try one. Does it help to place them in a shaded spot like under an overhang or cave?
It at least helps keep algae off of them if they are under a bit of shade, but you’ll want to be able to see them, too! When I moved mine, it was to a much higher PAR location in the tank, so I'll see how that goes. They are NPS, so they need no light. They do need good flow, though.
 
I have two pink sun corals, what's the rarest color of sc? Black?
I rarely see black ones offered, but that may be because market demand for those is lower rather than due to rarity in their natural environment. They are actually considered invasive in the U.S. Gulf region. Can they be invasive and rare? I guess so, but that seems oxymoronic.
I'd love to get one, though!
 
I rarely see black ones offered, but that may be because market demand for those is lower rather than due to rarity in their natural environment. They are actually considered invasive in the U.S. Gulf region. Can they be invasive and rare? I guess so, but that seems oxymoronic.
I'd love to get one, though!
They are probably more unique in the industry than the ocean, because they aren't as colorful as the others.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new