Sun coral not opening up.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redbird5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Redbird5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
807
Reaction score
449
Location
Metro East St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a sun coral on Tuesday. He's captive bred from corals.com. I've been pushing brine and mysis shrimp towards him and I don't think I've seen tentacles out to eat. I'm offering food twice a day whenever I feed my fish.
Tomorrow I plan on putting a cut up bottle over him and squirt food on him directly.
Is there a trick to getting him to eat?
 
I got a sun coral on Tuesday. He's captive bred from corals.com. I've been pushing brine and mysis shrimp towards him and I don't think I've seen tentacles out to eat. I'm offering food twice a day whenever I feed my fish.
Tomorrow I plan on putting a cut up bottle over him and squirt food on him directly.
Is there a trick to getting him to eat?
Remember, sun corals are nps and they naturally open up and feed when lights are off. Try observing and feeding when your lights are off.
 
Here it is this morning. I'm wondering if it's in a good spot. I have all sorts of pods and things floating around in the aquarium as.



20260716_082239.jpg

20260716_082222.jpg
 
Here it is this morning. I'm wondering if it's in a good spot. I have all sorts of pods and things floating around in the aquarium as.



20260716_082239.jpg

20260716_082222.jpg
Looks about perfect under that overhang, just make sure it’s getting moderate flow so food is getting to it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new