"Sunflower" and Other Coral Recommendations

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello all. My father-in-law has recently passed away and my wife and I are building a small memorial tank in his memory. In his youth, he was a professional race car driver and once established one of the original nascar drivers and track owner. Later in life he was a chicken, stevia, and sunflower farmer. His race colors were black, red, and yellow. I have purchased some zoas that have a slight sunflower feel as well as sun polyps. I am fishing for coral recommendations that when viewing them would resemble racing, sunflowers, etc. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thank you much. The coral I have purchased this far is pictured below. The sun's are poor quality because I took the photo while in their spot feeding tube.

IMG_20210711_222439593.jpg IMAG0334.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very honorable of you and my. Condolence to you.
a rainbow anemone would be a thought as a rainbow is a stairway to heaven.
Gap coral, besides it’s colorful green- our lord leads us through green pastures
And …. Alveopora represents the wheels found on race cars

OP
OP
stephnjeph

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Those are great suggestions. I love them all. I will be visiting the LFS next weekend. I am hoping to enter with a lengthy shopping list. Thank you very much for the response.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back