OP
sunken3

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
put some water in.. it stayed cloudy for quite a while. I used Tropic Marin Syn-Biotic salt... that along with new sand and me not putting the roller mat together correctly... all good now.. water is crystal clear.

Attachments

• tank w water.jpg
    tank w water.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
sunken3

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex A3 pro with Trident, Reef Octopus Elite 150-sss protein skimmer, Duetto 2 Dual Sensor ATO, Ecotech XR-15 G6 Pro and mounting bracket, IM Aquagadget 5 gallon hydrofill reservoir...

OP
OP
sunken3

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that's where the fun ended. I cannot get the Apex to connect to my wifi (i have several Apex's... so I don't think it's totally me - a ticket is in with Neptune)... no controller or Trident for now.

The skimmer.. nearly the smallest one reef octopus makes barely fits into my skimmer section (the lip on the top of the sump is too big).. I can get it in with effort and a little dismantling. Though now I cannot use the heater rack in the sump because it is in the way of the skimmer... so that neat upgrade is out (along with my second redundant heater, as there is no room). One day after setup, the skimmer is not working... all blue lights blinking.. resetting didn't do anything. I took half of it apart, nothing. Took the entire skimmer out, dismantled it and ran it in a 10g side tank. It now works again. Chipped my sump putting the skimmer back in.

Attachments

• crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
sunken3

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup my ATO... very straight forward. turned it on... sat back. all seemed well. Left the room. came back 20 minutes later, heard a whinning pump noise. The entire volume of my 5G reservoir has been dumped into my 32G tank. I quickly unplugged the Duetto. what the heck.

OP
OP
sunken3

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the bright side the Radion is awesome. connected easily. looks great (i have always had AI Hydras, Primes, T5's and metal halides) ... I like the new Ecotechs. That said the mount cannot be centered as my overflow is in the way. I either need to go with an offset light, buy another Ecotech for the other side just to make it look symmetrical, or get a different mounting system.

Attachments

• light1.jpg
    light1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 57
  • light2.jpg
    light2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 59

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the bright side the Radion is awesome. connected easily. looks great (i have always had AI Hydras, Primes, T5's and metal halides) ... I like the new Ecotechs. That said the mount cannot be centered as my overflow is in the way. I either need to go with an offset light, buy another Ecotech for the other side just to make it look symmetrical, or get a different mounting system.
Nice looking light!

OP
OP
sunken3

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to stock the Aquarium. a couple of clams and stick corals up top... then some encrusting monti's. lower down some favia's. down to the left will be blasto's. a cyphastrea garden across the back. 2 rocks of zoas and an acan rock.

Attachments

• coral7.jpg
    coral7.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 54
  • coral6.jpg
    coral6.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 53
  • coral5.jpg
    coral5.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 49
  • coral4.jpg
    coral4.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Coral3.jpg
    Coral3.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 52
  • coral2.jpg
    coral2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 65
  • coral1.jpg
    coral1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 56
  • coral8.jpg
    coral8.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 58

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to stock the Aquarium. a couple of clams and stick corals up top... then some encrusting monti's. lower down some favia's. down to the left will be blasto's. a cyphastrea garden across the back. 2 rocks of zoas and an acan rock.
Great looking coral!

OP
OP
sunken3

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you like the aquaforest reef mud?
i have no comment at the moment. it's under the sand and rock, so its out of sight which is good because its just brown slime. my tank is doing well... the mud could be helping, hurting, or doing nothing. I dont know. it just seemed like a safe addition for bio diversity. I used a lot of stuff to jump start this tank!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back