Sunpower vs Powermodule

Which light?

  • ATI Sunpower with Reef Brite 6bulb

    Votes: 4 100.0%
  • ATI Sunpower with Reef Brite 8bulb

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ATI Powermodule Hybrid 6 bulb

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ATI Powermodule Hybrid 8 bulb

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    4

SifuMemphis

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2015
Messages
538
Reaction score
250
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am switching back from LED to T5s with LED combo, and was wondering what you guys thought of it.

Should I get Sunpower with reef brites attached to it, or the Powermodule hybrid?

My tank is 36x17x17

Also, I am debating on getting 6 bulbs vs 8 bulbs 39w. Which would you get, and why? My tank is 80% SPS corals
 
I always go with the more powerful is better method. If you can afford it it's better to have more lighting than less when you have high volume coral. The trick is to have a great deal of control to the lighting. The more variable lighting options you have the better chance of making sure your corals look the best. You can always dial down the controls with a more powerful system but you can't dial up a dimly lit tank unless you upgrade the lighting.
 
Since my tank is only 49 gallons, most of the recommendations for 8+ bulbs are for tanks 2x the size, which is why I asked. I am thinking that the 36" 6 bulb would be more than enough for any sps, unless im wrong? Also, adding reef brites to it will increase par as well, right?
 
You would probably do well with the six bulb. I think it's enough for your size tank. I just like having the option of the eight bulb. I have the ability to dye my bulbs in different variations so a smaller six bulb still has a ton of possibilities. Some color variations for different sps would mean switching out bulbs when using a six vs eight.

Sorry if that's confusing. I like to experiment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new