Sunset/Sunburst BTA color morph ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cet98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cet98

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
267
Reaction score
121
Location
Home by the Sea
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently acquired two bubbletips and was told by the seller that these are Arizona Sunsets/Sunbursts.
I was intrigued by the bright greenish yellow streaks in the foot of the nems and wondered if that trait may assist in identifying the color morph strain as I’ve never seen the foot of the Arizona strain. TIA
20250927_182812_F6C8BA2F-4789-4C34-974E-A3551DDEC012.png


20250927_182812_2D23239E-EBD7-45FE-87CB-55E8104A66F0.png


20250927_182812_33C30058-A4BC-4C93-AFA7-1B2F82E5AE21.png


20250927_182813_81F39E47-B353-4276-B4A7-14B8B029D538.png
 
The foot looks like a Colorado but without linage they are just sunburst
 
As far as I know, there are now only two "official" recognized strains of sunburst BTAs--Colorado Sunburst (CSB) and Chicago Sunburst (ChSB). I saw "now" because back in the day there were a few more types, such as inferno and lemondrop, but over the years folks have concurred that they might be morphs of CSBs.

In terms of the Arizona Sunset specifically, it appears to be a morph named by ECC (Eye Catching Coral) but it makes no mention of a marbled foot. Even the retailers that sell them don't mention a marbled foot.
 
It’s not a Colorado Sunburst for sure. As mine does and many like it, the marbling is pink/redish on colorados. And yellow tips.

Chicago Sunburst has no marble, but yellows tips with a mix of green/blue in the body.

Arizona has small pink (not purple) in the tips with yellow tentacles to almost an orange.



Here is my CSB…. the Sang Lineage.



IMG_7792.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new