• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Super bright ALL red pimpled Jawbreaker

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing is a BRIGHT deep red with tons of pimples. No this is NOT a ricordia. This is my last frag of this for awhile.

The mushroom is the size of a fifty cent piece.

The more is tense the light, the larger the pimples get. The color has always been deep and bright. It has a pretty intense glow, my camera just does not do it justice.

$350/shipped

D3F616FB-8761-4617-8A18-C45C70FF9573.jpeg

21E5F71E-CBC6-4F2A-82A9-110F12A8D8EA.jpeg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Unfortunately the "pimples" arent a JB characteristic either. The surface tissue looks completely different.
Even the color is a dead give away.
Sorry :(
Screenshot_20180928-181558_eBay.jpeg

OP
OP
DaneGer21

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Unfortunately the "pimples" arent a JB characteristic either. The surface tissue looks completely different.
Even the color is a dead give away.
Sorry :(

I get it already. I was taken advantage of at a swap, the pitch I gave was the same I received. “The intense red was fragged out, and the pimples where from intense lighting...Trust me, got it. Hence I took it down...sorry

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats such a bummer. No apologies needed. Posted before i saw your last reply. Certainly not blaming you for anything just trying to help out with the ID.
Imho it looks like a red discosoma. Those get the "pimples."
In any case, Its a beautiful piece of coral. I hope you didnt lose too much on it.

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that you got had man. That sucks. I dont know why people do that to people. So the guy legit told you he cut the red out of an existing jawbreaker and said that was the result of the clipping?

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also seen wwc red jawbreakers for sale. But I'm not sure if this is one of them

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep wwc ultra red jbs, theyve had those around for 5 years or so. It would still not develop the pimpled tissue as seen on the first few pics. Still all nice specimens regardless.
Agreed. The texture is completely off for it to be a jawbreaker. But maybe that's what he was sold as. But if someone legit told him that they cut red out of a existed jawbreaker then that is ridiculous and that person is a huge point of sale

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happens A LOT more in this hobby than you would think. I was sold these 2 shrooms as tiny babies and told 1 was a candy crush and the other a Deadpool. I like them a lot but I paid CC and DP money for them.

B730710D-464C-49DD-9D3D-67669A6C2318.jpeg

OP
OP
DaneGer21

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats such a bummer. No apologies needed. Posted before i saw your last reply. Certainly not blaming you for anything just trying to help out with the ID.
Imho it looks like a red discosoma. Those get the "pimples."
In any case, Its a beautiful piece of coral. I hope you didnt lose too much on it.

I paid $120 when it was the size of a dime. I’ve had it for a little while. I do like it...but dang.

Sorry that you got had man. That sucks. I dont know why people do that to people. So the guy legit told you he cut the red out of an existing jawbreaker and said that was the result of the clipping?

Exactly how it went. It was the size of a dime at the time, so it was somewhat difficult to ID at the time. Plus in a conference room swap with poor lighting and in a plastic dish.

I've also seen wwc red jawbreakers for sale. But I'm not sure if this is one of them

It was not advertised as such...unfortunately. No “big name” sellers were attached to this mushroom.

Happens A LOT more in this hobby than you would think. I was sold these 2 shrooms as tiny babies and told 1 was a candy crush and the other a Deadpool. I like them a lot but I paid CC and DP money for them.

B730710D-464C-49DD-9D3D-67669A6C2318.jpeg

I drove about 3.5hrs one way to a frag swap. Obviously paid cash on the spot. Not like it was a local swap that I could remember the person. Just sucks the time I had into it and thinking what I thought I had, and grew.

Back