Super budget flow upgrades!

onlyreefsnobeef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a fluval flex for 100 dollars all stock, and doing it super budgeted, I want to upgrade pump and add some powerheads, here's what I'm thinking

Powerhead options:
2 hydor nano 425s 66 dollars

2 fluval cp2s (425gph) at 32 dollars

Jabeo whatever 110 (i don't trust them, no costumer service at all)

Can't think of much else, I like the fluvals being only 16 dollars each

Pumps:
Hydor centrifugal pump 300gph, 30 dollars

I also already own a hydor nano 240, I'm also worried I'm putting to much flow into this tank, am I wrong? Any replies help thanks!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind all the pumps your looking at, are not wave pumps, they are on or off pumps running continuously.

What you want are wave pumps(like the jebao) that can be turned off and on continoulsy to create waves, and not laminar(continuous) flow.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehhh laminar still works fine. It’s not like we didn’t keep tanks before wave pumps. The wave isn’t needed to grow corals.

When I first got in the hobby, jebao wasn’t even a thing. The only controllable pumps for nanos was a MP10 and almost no one used them due to price and noise. Most used maxi jets and koralias.

If a pump is too strong you can always aim it at a wall or such and bounce it off to control flow and create more random flow.

OP
OP
O

onlyreefsnobeef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind all the pumps your looking at, are not wave pumps, they are on or off pumps running continuously.

What you want are wave pumps(like the jebao) that can be turned off and on continoulsy to create waves, and not laminar(continuous) flow.
Well I got a jabeo for 20 dollars used, hopefully that works out!

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a fluval flex for 100 dollars all stock, and doing it super budgeted, I want to upgrade pump and add some powerheads, here's what I'm thinking

Powerhead options:
2 hydor nano 425s 66 dollars

2 fluval cp2s (425gph) at 32 dollars

Jabeo whatever 110 (i don't trust them, no costumer service at all)

Can't think of much else, I like the fluvals being only 16 dollars each

Pumps:
Hydor centrifugal pump 300gph, 30 dollars

I also already own a hydor nano 240, I'm also worried I'm putting to much flow into this tank, am I wrong? Any replies help thanks!
6$ 450 gph chinese powerhead. its what i use to make a food hole in my 40 gallon fresh tnak. if its too much flow, you can just throw it away

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just a little on the pricier side, but I have a Hygger Nano in my 55gal tall. Placed at the near bottom front, my 2 Purple Firefish just love swimming against the varying currents

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This purchase makes no sense…. You don’t trust Jabeo, yet you bought a used one….. you do know they go new for like 50$

I personally used an RW4 in my old Nuvo 16 and it never failed For two years.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
159742.jpg

Whisk $2.59

31p0kO55lVL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Single paddle $13.98

xCry0x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This purchase makes no sense…. You don’t trust Jabeo, yet you bought a used one….. you do know they go new for like 50$

I personally used an RW4 in my old Nuvo 16 and it never failed For two years.

What makes no sense is people writing jebao off as cheap and no longevity because it's a Chinese company. Then turning around and shelling out money to maxspect, which.. drum roll.. is a DBA name for a Chinese company.

My jebao return pumps are quieter than the garbage Sicce manufactures now. And they are dc so they can be dialed back which is awesome when using them for things like reactors vs using a ball valve and creating a noisy back pressure mess.

I just got two of the new jebao mlw power heads also, think they are great.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back