Super fuzzy acro ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter SamMule
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2020
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
1,706
What state or country do you live in
Montana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't seem to find anything out there like it.
Brownish under white lights.
Dark green/blue flesh and polyps. Almost has a metallic shimmer under actinic lighting.
Tips of new growth appear neon yellow/green.
KIMG0079.JPG

LFS said staghorn acro, but I can't find any staghorn pics this fuzzy.
I thought maybe green planet, but it doesn't look like it wants to table.

Thoughts?
 
Looks like montipora digitata to me
 
Definitely not a montipora. I will try to get better pics tonight.
 
16026322991072003879865538711452.jpg

Here it is good and ticked off
Tough to capture color in the pic, but the flesh is purple with a dark metallic green accent.
 
looks like a millepora
Yeah, I think you may be right. It definitely seems to have that growth form. However, I thought Millepora radial corallites were more even in size and spacing?
Im a noob and don't know, which is why I am asking.
 
Yeah, I think you may be right. It definitely seems to have that growth form. However, I thought Millepora radial corallites were more even in size and spacing?
Im a noob and don't know, which is why I am asking.
@C. Eymann knows his stuff and agrees. I think its a pretty safe bet.
 
Now that polyps are retracted and you can see corallites I take back digitata. I would go with eymann on this one too...mille
 
Will moving it to higher light intensify the colors? It's sitting somewhere just below 300par right now.
 
Will moving it to higher light intensify the colors? It's sitting somewhere just below 300par right now.
I'd let it acclimate there unless you're running the same lighting as where you bought it. 300 should be fine but its possible more might color it up. Millepora generally like higher par but 300 is pretty good.
 
It's been in the tank for a few months. Actually one of my faster growers!
I suppose if it ain't broke, don't fix it? Lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new