Super fuzzy ORA Green Planet

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never seen one PE like this!
*edit* couldn’t get the video to upload properly, so here’s a still shot.

DFAAE4D1-2B77-4ACA-8C78-272144468371.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like hydnophora so not really comparable to acropora or milli when it comes to PE. Looks very nice though. IME, they are fairly aggressive at stinging neighbors so keep some space and watch out for neighbors.
It’s not a Hydnophora. I purchased it on the signature black plastic ORA plug and they confirmed it was a Green Planet.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not a Hydnophora. I purchased it on the signature black plastic ORA plug and they confirmed it was a Green Planet.
I never said it wasn't ORA Green Planet. I am sure you are right about that. It is also called Yeti by Chaos Aquaculture. Probably a hundred different vendors carry it under some marketing name or another. Or they just call it what it is: Hydnophora.

OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never said it wasn't ORA Green Planet. I am sure you are right about that. It is also called Yeti by Chaos Aquaculture. Probably a hundred different vendors carry it under some marketing name or another. Or they just call it what it is: Hydnophora.
I may have misread you, apologies if I did. It sounded as though you were suggesting that it’s a Hydnophora so I was just pointing out that it isn’t. Here’s a photo of when I first got it several months ago. It’s been thickening and basing out….can’t wait to see it when it starts throwing more branches. It’s definitely an acropora and not a hydnophora….they don’t have polyps or corallites like this
F4001C24-DC62-45A2-BE7B-3CA11E3E0281.jpeg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have misread you, apologies if I did. It sounded as though you were suggesting that it’s a Hydnophora so I was just pointing out that it isn’t. Here’s a photo of when I first got it several months ago. It’s been thickening and basing out….can’t wait to see it when it starts throwing more branches. It’s definitely an acropora and not a hydnophora….they don’t have polyps or corallites like this
F4001C24-DC62-45A2-BE7B-3CA11E3E0281.jpeg

I stand corrected, I got it wrong. I have Hydnophora (the Yeti) and it looks just like your first photo and nothing like the second. Sorry Necro, my bad.

OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stand corrected, I got it wrong. I have Hydnophora (the Yeti) and it looks just like your first photo and nothing like the second. Sorry Necro, my bad.
You’re good buddy! It’s definitely so fuzzy that it’s hard to tell it’s even an acro. I can barely see the lighter green tissue under all the polyps.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 39 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back