Super Underrated?

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
2,066
Reaction score
1,569
Location
Boston, Ma
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nowadays I never hear anyone mention this one. I never see it in frag packs or even any pictures posted of it. Albeit not being high end. I think it should be appreciated. I feel like this one is a super underrated Acro. Any one else agree?

Here is mine shot just the other day. Under full daylight. Things a serious looker. ORA Joe The Coral!

5946f90a5d21342b1bf1976ff6f47504.jpg


You guys are welcome to show your colonies. Let’s see them.
 
I think it looks better than half the high end sps. How much does something like that go for ?

Yes I agree and this looks great in daylight.

As far as how much it goes for who knows. I often offer it as a possible substitution on my Acro packs. No real market as no one ever sells it.
 
Last edited:
It's a coral you can find a lot of pics from the past but it seems to have become almost nonexistent now.
Your coral is just stunning and hopefully will get others to search this one out to add it to their tank. I know I want a frag now!
 
Some people must have big colonies of this? I would love to see well shot Colony pics. I feel like mine right now is at prime coloring. I want to compare.

I might include a nice piece of this in an upcoming Acro pack.
 
Last edited:
Are we allowed to post links of sites that have them for sale?
 
Nowadays I never hear anyone mention this one. I never see it in frag packs or even any pictures posted of it. Albeit not being high end. I think it should be appreciated. I feel like this one is a super underrated Acro. Any one else agree?

Here is mine shot just the other day. Under full daylight. Things a serious looker. ORA Joe The Coral!

5946f90a5d21342b1bf1976ff6f47504.jpg


You guys are welcome to show your colonies. Let’s see them.
Beautiful mini colony! I first one I have seen that is keeping brownish red polyps, mostly they are green from what I have seen. Love the white in the branches from good light, looks like it's taking off. I certainly wouldn't cut it, I would continue to let it grow because it looks like its doing great.
 
Anyone have pictures or availability of the older ORA Chip's acro, or scripps milli/stag?

I have a small mini colony of the original ORA chips acro. I could probably put together a nice 2 pack for you Joe the Coral / Chips acro. Send me PM.

We can call it the "Tried and True 2 Pack" :).
 
Last edited:
side note* I have had Joe the Coral in High light and med light and I have found it gets the pictured coloring in Med light. It was not looking as good in high light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new