Superglue gel on glass problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter techhnyne
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

techhnyne

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2017
Messages
529
Reaction score
149
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized somehow they’re superglue on the glass. Must have screwed on it somehow, but is there a way to remove it off the glass preferably chemically. The tank is dry right now. I want to fill it with water pretty soon.
 
If its a glass tank, scrape it off with a razor blade. Or you can use acetone, but make sure that doesnt go near your silicone seams because it could possibly degrade them.

If its an acrylic tank youre SOL and will need to sand it flat then repolish the tank.
 
I would avoid chemicals as much as possible. Razor blade is your best bet.
 
The above posts are good.
I am used to working with glass and I would use alcohol and a razor blade. You will need to hold the blade almost flat to the glass. Push it towards the glue multiple times. Chip away at the glue. Don’t press down very hard against the glass . Avoid scratching the glass. If the blade gets dull use a new one. Don’t turn the blade over as it will have imperfections that can scratch the glass
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 44 32.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new