Superstions???

  • Thread starter Thread starter 64Ivy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

64Ivy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
465
Reaction score
447
Location
Greenwich, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After struggling through a couple of crashes and other smaller issues, I've noticed that the vast majority of my problems seem to occur in the month of December. I've heard other hobbyists say that the bulk of their issues tend to occur mostly in the spring. Well, since there's nothing I can do about the time of year, I figure there IS something I can do to lessen any contributing factors I might add to the equation. Therefore, for the past few years, I absolutely refuse to do any 'tinkering' in the tank during the month of Dec. No rearranging of rock work, no addition or removal of frags, just the basic husbandry and, of course, feeding.

Now, I'd think if ANY group of hobbyists would have a bunch of irrational (or otherwise) superstitions, it would have to be the 'sps' guys. So here's your chance to admit them; me, no tinkering in Dec. You?
 
Great topic! Nice to see an "OG" reefer around these part. ;)

I have always been superstitious about placing my uncovered hands into my aquariums. I worry about the oils and whatever contaminants (soap, lotion, etc) getting into my reefs and harming the sensitive corals. While I am being over cautious I know for a fact that when placing my hands in the reef the skimmer has issues for a couple hours.

So, I wear gloves and go so far as to tie rubber bands at the wrist. Yes, I'm crazy. :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new