Sure glad I got a refractometer

Val Shebeko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an illuminating discussion going on here.

Val Shebeko, Terence replied to a thread you are watching at REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum.

Xplain, PPT to SRG no way to convert apples to apples ?

Just follow the proscribed processes in the get started instructions. Then you can do temp compensation through a an advanced setting.

No matter what, if your expectation is that you will get all of those devices to align to the 0.1 you are setting yourself up for disappointment and you are frankly wasting your time. Get it close. Look at your tank. Doing good? Great. Keep it in that salinity range +/- .2 on whatever you are reading it on and you will be good.
View This Thread Unread Watched Threads

Lifer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The apex conductivity probe is fine as long as no micro bubbles get into it then it can produce highly inaccurate readings from a few points to 10s of points off. I found a trick was to mount it upside down and that works like a charm
How do you mount it upside down?

Lifer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex sells a magnetic bracket. I bought on to keep the wire out of the water. .
Yes I have that but unless you have the bracket under water it's not possible to turn the probe upside down and I have read many discussions about not having the magnet submerged all the time as it could lead to possible corrosion

Val Shebeko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have that but unless you have the bracket under water it's not possible to turn the probe upside down and I have read many discussions about not having the magnet submerged all the time as it could lead to possible corrosion

This one is encased in a hard plastic case. The magnet on the outside is neodimnium. The piece in side might be just steel.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back