Surprised by Molly!

Mailman17013

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home to an interesting find this afternoon. So, about two weeks ago, I purchased a single "saltwater acclimated" Molly for possible algae control in a small frag tank. The fish was somewhat lethargic the first week, quietly laying on the bottom of the tank and eating very sporadically. First thought was, this fish might not make it. Got home this afternoon and I'm watching it eating like a champ and I'm feeling better about this fish surviving, when I originally thought it might be a goner. Then something really small zoom by the front glass and then another. Yep, about a half dozen babies that I can see at this point, and maybe others. Don't know if they will survive. I only have one other fish in the tank and that's a small Springerii damsel, which at the moment doesn't seem to be concerned about the newcomers. We shall see.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home to an interesting find this afternoon. So, about two weeks ago, I purchased a single "saltwater acclimated" Molly for possible algae control in a small frag tank. The fish was somewhat lethargic the first week, quietly laying on the bottom of the tank and eating very sporadically. First thought was, this fish might not make it. Got home this afternoon and I'm watching it eating like a champ and I'm feeling better about this fish surviving, when I originally thought it might be a goner. Then something really small zoom by the front glass and then another. Yep, about a half dozen babies that I can see at this point, and maybe others. Don't know if they will survive. I only have one other fish in the tank and that's a small Springerii damsel, which at the moment doesn't seem to be concerned about the newcomers. We shall see.
Congratulations! You have now bred saltwater mollies :cool:

We had one having babies a while back; three of them made it by hiding in the overflow box. Now I have mollies in all three of my nano tanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back