Surprising ASD Holy Grail Torch Spawn

sark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had my ASD Holy Grail torch since I bought it from Will at ASD over five years ago. My single head has turned into a beautiful colony as seen from this picture.
8C15DF78-680B-4950-9AA1-B489062F0AD6.jpeg

This colony has spawned several times and I never got any babies to take. Last year she spawned again, but this time one baby took! Surprisingly though, she looks different from her mother. Makes me wonder if this is the reason we don’t see as many of these “Holy Grail” Torches.
370B0B7B-C8D9-471F-B01C-031E4B6E6523.jpeg

My ASD Holy Grail is the only torch I have, so I know this is her baby. She has the same Blue/Purple tips as her mother, but is the color of the super fluorescent green that is in the base of her mother. Have any of you guys out there had your ASD Holy Grail Torches spawn and seen something like this? I’d be curious to know if this is common, or something totally out of the ordinary.
Do you have any holy Grails for sale

OP
OP
Junbug0024

Junbug0024

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fascinating. What do you feed your colony?
I don’t feed anything in particular. I add Korallen Coral Vitalizer and Amino Acid a few drops a day, and I use Fauna Marin Bio Actif salt, with Hydra 52s. The ASD HG torch actually doesn’t eat the mysis I feed my fish. It will capture some in its tentacles and then release it. I’ve tried to spot feed her, and she doesn’t even eat the food, so I’ve just let her be and she has thrived. Sorry for the late reply, I haven’t checked R2R lately, been on spring break with the kids.

Julio Reyes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same thing, so I waited a while before posting this question. The baby is now getting pretty big, and it’s becoming obvious to me that she’s not going to get any of the gold that mama has. Thanks!
It will remain that bright fluorescent green with yellow mouth. But will not get any yellow streaks to show. It's pretty much a holy grail without yellow streaks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back