Suspecting this is likely not a Cynarina

I think you're trying to point out that I didn't offer information to support my opinion as if that's some sort of "gotcha"?

I'm not an expert, but I know what a scoly looks like, and I know that this topic had been debated more than its fair share.

The difference being is that I'm not losing sleep over people not listening to my opinion or over people with dissenting opinions.

Is it a acanthophyllia? Possibly
Is it a scoly? Possibly
Is it a lobo? Possibly

Can I support any of those positions any further? NOPE! hence why I didn't offer anymore insight beyond what the OP asked.
eh, fair enough
… i live in a medical state,
and perhaps my “medication” made me a bit speculative….


i still stand by my words though, lol,
or on, them…

(and yes, an “anti-badge” is still a badge)
 
encrustingacro and ispeakforseas should hate all of us then.
 
(and yes, an “anti-badge” is still a badge)
lol, it’d be funny if rev gave me one just to spite me

like, a black flag, or… d rose “bussin” his knee
on no contact

Did we ever conclude what coral the op actually has?

we honestly cannot shorten h. australis
like we can scolymia

so, it’s a scoly, you know, to keep it pc

(can also check post #4 for the correct answer :))
 
Last edited:
Possibly lobophyllia? Seems to be relatively hardy, extends tentacles in disc at night, puffs up occasionally. Fast feeding response. My wife bought this at a show. It's really coloring up
20230814_100520.jpg
20230814_100537.jpg
20230814_100554.jpg
Scoly or parascoly
 
Well, didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. As I said earlier, I put the wrong genus in the title. I appreciate everyone's input!

I'm not too worried about extra syllables - rather use the correct name but "scoly" is fine too - Looking at corals of the world, I'd have to agree it's a "scoly" or Homophyllia australis. which is only weird if you make it weird, lol...that name has been around since 1878.

As an aside, this is a forum, not an elite club! A range of answers are likely and while some were incorrect, I didn't get the sense that anyone was intentionally misleading me. It's part and parcel of dealing with online forums. I figured someone knowledgeable would chime in eventually. It's not a contest folks. If I was working at Queensland University studying coral reef ecology, my suspicion is I would get a narrower range of answers but....I'm not so I didnt.
 
I'm pretty sure it's a zoa...

Ill Just Leave Tony Hale GIF
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new