OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I don’t make promises. That said I learned to require a taste of seafood. Goes great with a glass of wine
christmas party the office GIF

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Between Jello, Octopussy, the Dude, Des & Jaws (Timor is safe so far), I think the only other addition for this tank will eventually be the ribbon eel.
These predators are pretty rambunctious and the pretty, dainty, gentle fishes will not survive the baddies!

So today, I will FINALLY hook up the ATO and the Radion so that I can eventually put coral other than leathers and mushrooms back in.

I don't want to talk about any other corals from this tank. I'll start crying again.
Sad Ice Cream GIF

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between Jello, Octopussy, the Dude, Des & Jaws (Timor is safe so far), I think the only other addition for this tank will eventually be the ribbon eel.
These predators are pretty rambunctious and the pretty, dainty, gentle fishes will not survive the baddies!

So today, I will FINALLY hook up the ATO and the Radion so that I can eventually put coral other than leathers and mushrooms back in.

I don't want to talk about any other corals from this tank. I'll start crying again.
Sad Ice Cream GIF
sorry to hear that

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@lion king I'll be contacting you a bit, I'm sure!
@SaltyT I may need a pretty, voracious, aggressive wrasse to play with Jello and Jaws! (Hardwicke)

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@Goaway How is my eel friend??
please tell me im not as horrible of a friend as i have been IRL, and you have the eel, right?!?

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Miss ribbon eel Eli? I need new scraper blades.

But, she's as beautiful as ever.
20230706_163944.jpg
You make my life ok again :star-struck: :star-struck: :star-struck: :cool:
Yep, screw wrassholes in this tank, I need me an eel.
Ribbons need love too.
#eelsneedlovetoo

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You make my life ok again :star-struck: :star-struck: :star-struck: :cool:
Yep, screw wrassholes in this tank, I need me an eel.
Ribbons need love too.
#eelsneedlovetoo
They have a very elegant swim. I just never get fortunate enough to record her. Phones either some place else, or out of charge. My timing is awful.

The swimming pattern is as the name implies, a ribbon gliding through water.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aggressive wrasse and eels and I've not been called in?? I think I said before but I think your villains needs some tru evil :face-with-tears-of-joy:

IMG_3211.jpeg
I had one for 4 yrs about. Only destroyed my coral and rock placement. She needed a new home. Got tooooo big for a 55g

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for 4 yrs about. Only destroyed my coral and rock placement. She needed a new home. Got tooooo big for a 55g
Oh she’s a monster alright! But by far my funnest monster! Always doing fun things like pretending to be a blenny and lounging, pretending to be a goby and digging, or pretending a hermit crab is a fun toy to toss around. (She does have a smaller more mellow cousin btw, the seagrass wrasse).

Other wrasse that would handle a hardwixke are a Coris, large halichoeres, tuskfish, or possibly a two spot Māori.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh she’s a monster alright! But by far my funnest monster! Always doing fun things like pretending to be a blenny and lounging, pretending to be a goby and digging, or pretending a hermit crab is a fun toy to toss around. (She does have a smaller more mellow cousin btw, the seagrass wrasse).

Other wrasse that would handle a hardwixke are a Coris, large halichoeres, tuskfish, or possibly a two spot Māori.
Once she's comfortable with you, get some pod/worm infested rocks brewing. Pretty much sump rock thats been fed.

Hold rock in display for her. She'll dance around your hand picking the life off the rock.

They are amazing fish.

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

I need fun monsters!
I'm not a fan if the tusks, they've never done it for me.
They have had several sea grass at my LFS , but I find them super boring to look at.
Oh the possibilities!
Josh still has a gorgeous fully grown lunar wrasse. Poor thing is in an 8x8 box for months now

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is a dragon wrasse a tusk species?

I find dragons to be very communicative. They will lay like a blade of seaweed and just try to talk to you. I'd sit in front of my tank for hours watching my girl watch me. She'd nab a bite of food and return right back. We had some kind of connection i can't explain.

Harly tusks, give the middle fin!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a dragon wrasse a tusk species?
Nope. There are only two Novaculichthys species, the dragon and sea grass and they are related to the flashers, fairies, Maori, and possums among others. Tusks are actually closely related to hogfish.
I find dragons to be very communicative. They will lay like a blade of seaweed and just try to talk to you. I'd sit in front of my tank for hours watching my girl watch me. She'd nab a bite of food and return right back. We had some kind of connection i can't explain.
They are the best! Except for the aggression and destruction. But otherwise.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back