Swabbie, the affordable self cleaning head!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dyraxe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI the new style SWC300A with the white lid and bubble plate has a 10inch/250mm lid, Not 12inch/300mm. The body of the skimmer is 12inches but the cup is only 10inches.

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been 2 months since the first Swabbies shipped out, we would love to hear some feedback from the "old timers" :)

ctenophore

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested. What size would i need for a SWC Mini-S?
I couldn't find dimension specifics on the SWC Mini-S. If you measure the outer diameter of the collection cup (not the lid), you can match it up with the proper size on the chart seen on this page:
AVAST Marine Works - Swabbie - Product Details

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Justin

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to hear some feedback from you guys that already have one!
What would I need to go on an AquaC EV-240? it's got a 6" tower but the lid is inter-locking. Not sure if that even makes a difference?

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we now have 6 models to choose from, that fit most popular skimmers we are planning on changing around the "Custom Swabbie" a bit. The plan is to just have customers send in their lid and we will Swabbie it. This will be a great solution for downdraft type skimmers that require pressurized lids, as well as for folks that just don't want a gray lid on their white/red/yellow etc, skimmer.

I'd love to hear some feedback from you guys that already have one!
What would I need to go on an AquaC EV-240? it's got a 6" tower but the lid is inter-locking. Not sure if that even makes a difference?

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we now have 6 models to choose from, that fit most popular skimmers we are planning on changing around the "Custom Swabbie" a bit. The plan is to just have customers send in their lid and we will Swabbie it. This will be a great solution for downdraft type skimmers that require pressurized lids, as well as for folks that just don't want a gray lid on their white/red/yellow etc, skimmer.
How long do you think it would take to do that? can't go too long without a skimmer lid :)

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Bk mini 160 6 inch I believe that's the 134.99 right? If so drop me a pm I'll take one and trying it out for all you "unsure" people.

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you think it would take to do that? can't go too long without a skimmer lid :)

About a week. We just finished building the universal jig for the cnc so we could precision machine these and turn around real quick. We just need to get caught up on stock size inventory and then we will start offering this service. A dinner plate would work fine for a short period of time on your lidless skimmer :)

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
m and m, we have several bk160 mini users who have confirmed the fit. The 6" model is correct for your skimmer.

ecfencing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a swabbie for the ATB Deluxe? I think the lid is the same as the ATB small....or 840

I just measure the OD on the cup and it is 7.5"

Last edited:
OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More than likely 190mm. This works out to 7.48" The 7" Swabbie has a groove for the cup that is 7.5" OD so it should be a perfect fit. The ATB 840 is 180mm and we have confirmed the fit on that skimmer with the 7" model. We would love to confirm the fit on the Deluxe :)

Is there a swabbie for the ATB Deluxe? I think the lid is the same as the ATB small....or 840

I just measure the OD on the cup and it is 7.5"

DaveDunbar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there one for the KZ Rev Med? Man that would be great!! I have to clean the cup everyday if not more!!!
Let me know
Thanks
Dave

OP
OP
AVAST Marine

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to find the specs on this skimmer and Korallen Zucht doesn't list it on their site. If you can measure the following I will let you know:

Collection Cup Outer Diameter:
Collection Cup Wall thickness:

Skimmer Neck Inner Diameter:
Lid Ring Outer diameter:

Is there one for the KZ Rev Med? Man that would be great!! I have to clean the cup everyday if not more!!!
Let me know
Thanks
Dave

spleen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some problems initially when I first installed the Swabbie on my SWC 180. Lid wouldn't fit correctly but more importantly, the wiper blade was just too big for my neck and it wouldn't position properly. Sent an email to Justin, who after viewing a couple of photos from me showing what it looked like, promptly agreed to redo the Swabbie for me and sent me an postage label to mail back my original Swabbie. My custom Swabbie arrived, fit well, and now my skimmer is skimming like a champ.

Much thanks to Justin and the rest of the Avast team. Truly a professional group of people with amazing customer service! And for anybody who's on the fence about one of these, you can be assured that this company stands behind their product and will make sure that you're happy with your purchase.

Now to see about picking up a kalk reactor ... :D

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back