Swaping out old Biopellets for new ones.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Starblenny
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Starblenny

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2011
Messages
329
Reaction score
75
Location
Socal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed my bio-pellets are floating to the top and clogging up (because I didn't soak them before hand). I was wondering if it's okay to swap out the the clogged bio-pellets with the newer, soaked biopellets. I'm worried that it might create a disequilibrium with the bacteria in the bio-pellets that is currently in my tank vs the lack of bacteria in the RODI soaked pellets.
 
I noticed my bio-pellets are floating to the top and clogging up (because I didn't soak them before hand). I was wondering if it's okay to swap out the the clogged bio-pellets with the newer, soaked biopellets. I'm worried that it might create a disequilibrium with the bacteria in the bio-pellets that is currently in my tank vs the lack of bacteria in the RODI soaked pellets.

Depends on how long they've been in there. If they've been in there for a while and clumping at the top, then you have too much flow. If they're new, I wouldn't worry about it. Since you've already have them in, let it run its course. They should drop within a day or two.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new