Sweet Reef Corals Eye Candy Thread

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the loss. We’ve all been there brother. Hopefully I can offer some frags in the upcoming months! I’m working on getting a “new release” pack from BKChem as well as growing what I currently have.

You’re killing me Joe462! That’s like asking to pick your favorite kids!! Lol
Kidding aside, BKChem Jumanji is by far and away the most colorful, beautiful, polyp extended acro I’ve ever seen. It is simply gorgeous. There’s not even a close 2nd in the Speciosa world, in my opinion. It’s on its own at the top!

As for non-Speciosa acros, the MCC Prom Queen is probably #1 piece that I have because of the vibrant rainbow colors. Unfortunately mine is bleached right now. It will be a while before he’s photo worthy again but this is it shortly after arrival.
D14DB8B2-5AC1-42A1-AE59-65075BB21023.jpeg

#2 would probably be a no name I picked up and named SRC Funfetti. Love the pastel & cream colors on this one
F4337B8B-0AE0-4BA3-91DD-FCAD2CFA7FD4.jpeg

#3 would be a tie amongst my other favorites...
Vivid Insanity due to the unique growth pattern and vibrant pink and blue colors,
CC Bahama Momma because I like mille’s and this one has nice contrast between the skin and polyp colors
TSA Carolina Reaper due to growth speed and super rich maroon polyps
BC Shag Priority obviously for the crazy PE but it has nice varied color in the new growth

These are just my tops. I’m sure everyone will have different opinions. ;)
Your jumanji is hard to beat. Mine is still small and hasn’t hit its potential yet so it’s #3 on my list from my tank…..at the moment
Here’s 1 and 2

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was expecting that to be narrated Charlie :p
Super nice flow! What 2 are they?
I have a face and voice for “behind the camera” entertainment.

Aqua OPs Krusty the clown is the Malaysian Tenuis.

The speciosa was a no name when I purchased it and from what I know at this moment….is the last of its kind. I’ve named it Gnomeo for now

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a face and voice for “behind the scene” entertainment.

Aqua OPs Krusty the clown is the Malaysian Tenuis.

The speciosa was a no name when I purchased it and from what I know at this moment….is the last of its kind. I’ve named it Gnomeo for now
I’ve not had good luck with the Malaysian tenuis. So I’ve been steering clear of those.

Great name! Lol
Grow that thing out so we can swap in the future!

Very nice corals!

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Homewrecker must have heard me talking about it last week. It has actually started to encrust since then. So, I’m moving it from 280 up to about 320-340 par today. Isn’t thst about the sweet spot for it, for growth?

We’ll see how it likes it over the next couple weeks.
74E241E9-2EB8-41DD-B02A-7282A1AA24B4.jpeg

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Homewrecker must have heard me talking about it last week. It has actually started to encrust since then. So, I’m moving it from 280 up to about 320-340 par today. Isn’t thst about the sweet spot for it, for growth?

We’ll see how it likes it over the next couple weeks.
74E241E9-2EB8-41DD-B02A-7282A1AA24B4.jpeg
I had good growth with mine in 270-300, and that is where i have the frag i managed to save. My colony in my display tank was under more par and i got more pink but less growth. There are probably other factors at play as well but that was my experience.

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had good growth with mine in 270-300, and that is where i have the frag i managed to save. My colony in my display tank was under more par and i got more pink but less growth. There are probably other factors at play as well but that was my experience.
Thanks for the input. Maybe I’ll just go to 300-320. Definitely don’t want to stress it. It’s been dormant long enough lol

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. Maybe I’ll just go to 300-320. Definitely don’t want to stress it. It’s been dormant long enough lol
325-350 par has been the sweet spot for the one that’s finally thriving. +400 and mine would just encrust forever…..or die

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here’s one I been keeping quiet for a little while...
It’s my understanding that only a few of these have been released by @SBB Corals per Shane. And as he mentioned, fairly slow grower too. I got two other pieces in the deal and those pieces are covering the putty ball already. I’ll post those up in the next week or so too.
SBB RAINBOW GRAFT
12-29-21

C9EB4C5C-EEA2-49C0-ABDE-34DD06BB8647.jpeg

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
It’s my understanding that only a few of these have been released by @SBB Corals per Shane. And as he mentioned, fairly slow grower too. I got two other pieces in the deal and those pieces are covering the putty ball already. I’ll post those up in the next week or so too.
SBB RAINBOW GRAFT
12-29-21

inane how much purple yours has truly a gem!!!!!!!! on a few people have this one.. would love to see how your others are doing!

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SBB RAINBOW GRAFT
12-29-21

What’s peeking out in the bottom right corner?

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What’s peeking out in the bottom right corner?
Nice catch! That’s another soon to be posted Speciosa I’ve been cooking since early January. I’m trying to catch him with full PE when I’ve got the camera out but he’s hard to get. He sucks his polyps in right away if there’s even the slightest movement from a snail or a tang pecking...

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice catch! That’s another soon to be posted Speciosa I’ve been cooking since early January. I’m trying to catch him with full PE when I’ve got the camera out but he’s hard to get. He sucks his polyps in right away if there’s even the slightest movement from a snail or a tang pecking...
1BF131E4-FA7B-4DEF-9C33-6E79CBF7A8C3.jpeg

Dvanlier05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SBB RAINBOW GRAFT
12-29-21

I was eyeing one during this live sale but didn't pull the trigger. Im regretting that decision

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
325-350 par has been the sweet spot for the one that’s finally thriving. +400 and mine would just encrust forever…..or die
Quick question! Do you guys move corals to lower par if it stop growing or starts to "not look well?"

I have a few pieces that is being blasted with par, fast encrust, then stopped growing. There is little PE

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back