Switch lights or not to switch lights

dewboy1127

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
614
Reaction score
178
Location
florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running 2 radion gen 2 on my 72 gal bowfront dt...this year im debating to either switch to the gen 3 pucks in my radions (leaning towards this ) or possibly putting the 4bulb tek5 t5 lighting back up...what do you guys think??....i thought about supplementing a T5 or two with the radions but with the bowfront and no canopy top this is kind hard to do....please do no turn this into the great debate of whats best lighting and please base post of experiences .....i will say to i love sps
 
Is anyone out there?..hello..just keep swimming just keep swimming just keep swimming just keep swimming lol
 
I think upgrading to the gen 3 just adds uv and with t5's you're going to have to replace them periodically. I'd go for the puck upgrade.
 
If you must do something upgrade. If everything in your tank is happy then save the money.
 
Being you love SPS I would certainly recommend the T5. Possibly a 6 bulb instead of a 4.
 
I dont want to buy a new t5 fixture if went that route ..i dont think the 6bulb will fit over my bowfront without overhanging. ..does anyone know if the uv is beneficial to the corals ..anyone haf experience with upgrade from a gen 2 to gen3 radions
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new