Switch Radion RMS kits

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I bought 2 Radion XR15's for my RSR 250 and I was originally going to go with a Multi-Light RMS Track and span the tank length wise with the RMS arms. I already bought a Multi-Light RMS Arm Kit but now I want to switch to two individual light kits mounted seperately with a kit for each Radion mounted from the back of the tank. My question is: can I keep the RMS Arm Kit and piece together parts for this new scenario that I want? Can I use two RMS Slides for XR15's and then short extension rails? What size rails would I need or should I return the Arm Kit and start over? Can I still return the Arm Kit purchased 8/4/17?

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recomend sticking with the track. I tried the individual arms mounts and they are nonwhere near strong enough to hold the lights level long term. I actually converted my individual arms to a track because it looked so bad when they would sag.

No, I am usimg XR30s and maybe it will be better with XR15s. But I doubt it. To much plastic in the clamp and the got anhigh center pivot which just spreads it as you tighten it up...

With a bar of 8020 stock its rock solid. Used all the parts from the individual arm kits.

20171224_151403(0).jpg

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I bought 2 Radion XR15's for my RSR 250 and I was originally going to go with a Multi-Light RMS Track and span the tank length wise with the RMS arms. I already bought a Multi-Light RMS Arm Kit but now I want to switch to two individual light kits mounted seperately with a kit for each Radion mounted from the back of the tank. My question is: can I keep the RMS Arm Kit and piece together parts for this new scenario that I want? Can I use two RMS Slides for XR15's and then short extension rails? What size rails would I need or should I return the Arm Kit and start over? Can I still return the Arm Kit purchased 8/4/17?

Unfortunately the multi-light RMS kit does not include the end-caps for the extension rails that are necessary to attach the single light X-bracket to. The normal single light kit includes multiple extension rails in addition to the rotating X-bracket assembly, so this really would be the best option.

As far as returns, you can find full details here: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/returns

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back