Switch Radion RMS kits

Flameback Pair

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2013
Messages
6,613
Reaction score
6,042
Location
LIVING WELLS MONTANA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I bought 2 Radion XR15's for my RSR 250 and I was originally going to go with a Multi-Light RMS Track and span the tank length wise with the RMS arms. I already bought a Multi-Light RMS Arm Kit but now I want to switch to two individual light kits mounted seperately with a kit for each Radion mounted from the back of the tank. My question is: can I keep the RMS Arm Kit and piece together parts for this new scenario that I want? Can I use two RMS Slides for XR15's and then short extension rails? What size rails would I need or should I return the Arm Kit and start over? Can I still return the Arm Kit purchased 8/4/17?
 
I would recomend sticking with the track. I tried the individual arms mounts and they are nonwhere near strong enough to hold the lights level long term. I actually converted my individual arms to a track because it looked so bad when they would sag.

No, I am usimg XR30s and maybe it will be better with XR15s. But I doubt it. To much plastic in the clamp and the got anhigh center pivot which just spreads it as you tighten it up...

With a bar of 8020 stock its rock solid. Used all the parts from the individual arm kits.

20171224_151403(0).jpg
 
Hello, I bought 2 Radion XR15's for my RSR 250 and I was originally going to go with a Multi-Light RMS Track and span the tank length wise with the RMS arms. I already bought a Multi-Light RMS Arm Kit but now I want to switch to two individual light kits mounted seperately with a kit for each Radion mounted from the back of the tank. My question is: can I keep the RMS Arm Kit and piece together parts for this new scenario that I want? Can I use two RMS Slides for XR15's and then short extension rails? What size rails would I need or should I return the Arm Kit and start over? Can I still return the Arm Kit purchased 8/4/17?

Unfortunately the multi-light RMS kit does not include the end-caps for the extension rails that are necessary to attach the single light X-bracket to. The normal single light kit includes multiple extension rails in addition to the rotating X-bracket assembly, so this really would be the best option.

As far as returns, you can find full details here: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/returns
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new