Switched to the colander (avoiding the net)...

JumboShrimp

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2018
Messages
9,726
Reaction score
13,435
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1779919024478.jpeg


Passing this along... I find myself using this colander more and more to transfer my fish. Especially for delicate fish. This particular colander also fits perfectly inside a 5-gallon bucket to just gently lift the fish out.

1779919496834.jpeg


Last but not least, this Dollar Store item is useful to sneak up on fish and trap them against the glass to scoop them up-- because the basket comes with a handle.

1779919678006.jpeg
 
Much better than a net for sure. Even better would be to use your hands. Gently lifting them from bucket to tank allows the fish to learn that you intend to take care of them, like petting a dog, it's a great way to communicate your feelings for them.

Joe Biden Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
👨‍🌾
 
1779919024478.jpeg


Passing this along... I find myself using this colander more and more to transfer my fish. Especially for delicate fish. This particular colander also fits perfectly inside a 5-gallon bucket to just gently lift the fish out.

1779919496834.jpeg


Last but not least, this Dollar Store item is useful to sneak up on fish and trap them against the glass to scoop them up-- because the basket comes with a handle.

1779919678006.jpeg
Colander is smart! Never would have thought about using one of those
 
Excellent idea. I have bad luck using fish nets. Spines and fins get caught, I get frustrated, way way too drama for this geriatric reefer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new