Switching from 20k to 14k phoenix

  • Thread starter Thread starter dodger745
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dodger745

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2014
Messages
307
Reaction score
25
Location
Madisonville, KY
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for any advice or acclimation tips. I'm switching from de 250w 20k to the phoenix bulbs. Should I run the lights for less time to let my corals adjust? Mixed reef with several SPS and soft corals
 
You shouldn't have any issues switching bulbs using the same time frame.
 
14k phoenix is like most popular bulb used if you are worried just raise your light 2" then lower it after a week
 
So since the switch, everything has done very well except for my orange digi. It has bleached and only has a faint bit of orange left.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new