Switching from RedSea Reef Complete too!

  • Thread starter Thread starter carloriv
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

carloriv

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2013
Messages
200
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi from Puerto Rico. I made the switch today from the red sea reef complete program to a hybrid BRS 2-part and Nyos Ion 1,2,3 trace elements (30ml/gallon) incorporated in the 2- parts .I do this for the cost primary and secondary i see a negative effects on my corals when i used the calcium and trace elements parts of the red sea and doing water change with reef crystals. Those effects dissipate when I stop the calcium and trace elements parts to balance my numbers because the high calcium in the new saltwater. I did change the salt to instant ocean too.
My doubts are can I mix the BRS magnesium salts with the calcium solution and the Nyos trace elements 2 and 3 to have both calcium and magnesium in one solution like Nyos and how to do it, how much magnesium salt in 1 gallon calcium solution @Randy Holmes-Farley .

Thanks in advance.
 
You generally cannot mix an ordinary balanced magnesium supplement into a calcium supplement. Sulfate from the magnesium precipitates calcium sulfate. There are ways around this, but it requires using sodium sulfate and makes things more complicated.
 
You generally cannot mix an ordinary balanced magnesium supplement into a calcium supplement. Sulfate from the magnesium precipitates calcium sulfate. There are ways around this, but it requires using sodium sulfate and makes things more complicated.
Thanks for the info.I will correct my magnesium with a mix separately.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new