Switching from wet/dry to a sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter drtyjrzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

drtyjrzy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible?? When I first set my tank up(about a year ago) I used a wet/dry because I didn't know any better. Now I realize the error of my ways and would like to switch to a sump. Can I or will it crash my tank?
 
It shouldnt crash, I would maybe use some of the wet/dry filter media in the sump to begin with to help seed the sump, but the lost bacteria in your wet/dry compared to the whole tank shouldnt throw things out of whack just have water on hand in case you start noticing something wrong and do a quick wc. I am going to be doing the same thing within the next couple months, and thats the plan I am going with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new