T derasa captive lifespan?

Tom@HaslettMI

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2011
Messages
483
Reaction score
95
Location
Michigan
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've owned two derasa clams. Both lived for roughly seven years then started to fade and die. Both times I was crushed and have now sworn off this species. So, how long have you kept one?

Tom
 
Sorry to hear that. The longest I've had a derasa was 6 years still kind of small coming in at 10". I lost him in a mass clam wipe out. I now own 3 but have felt the same as you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new