T slot experts? Connectors?

  • Thread starter Thread starter iReefer12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

iReefer12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
1,018
Reaction score
877
Location
Boulder, CO
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m looking to build a mount to house several Power Supply bricks.

I’ve attached a drawing, I’m looking to try and mount a 2080 strip to the wall, then use 2080 sideways for the power brick to sit on. Is there a fastener that connects Side slot to Face? It’s really hard to explain, so hope the picture helps.

9F19C348-8608-45FC-97A4-7104D037C812.jpeg
 
Yeah, but I think I’ve come up with a solution. Use the corner bracket on the sides, this keeps the horizontal surface flat and smooth.

see attached. I think this should work?
 

Attachments

  • 37B054DD-D007-421E-A3F0-57E80291870B.jpeg
    37B054DD-D007-421E-A3F0-57E80291870B.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 82
I don’t trust myself to do the machining, I think I’ll stick to the corner strategy. I’ll post the result here. Thinking this will look clean and also allow heat to sink away from the bricks.
 
Watching this, looking at similar build.
 
The T Slot arrived. I think this could work quite well. (I would order the longer version to act as the post.) just ordered short to test, but it’s also the right side for the shelf pieces.
 

Attachments

  • 1C2651FB-946B-4F1B-BAE6-F0BA86DFB199.jpeg
    1C2651FB-946B-4F1B-BAE6-F0BA86DFB199.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 9E2230BC-188C-465D-8230-C055EF1ADF05.jpeg
    9E2230BC-188C-465D-8230-C055EF1ADF05.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 1FDFB4BC-AD80-468B-9C87-BAEB5E63EE90.jpeg
    1FDFB4BC-AD80-468B-9C87-BAEB5E63EE90.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 71

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new