T-Slot Hardware - Vendor

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bear22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bear22

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Messages
577
Reaction score
445
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

I am brainstorming a light mount for a Kessil 360. The Kessil factory mount won't suffice (too big) for my aquarium.

I've never messed around with t-slot materials in terms of a DIY project.

Can anybody recommend a decent vendor for parts and pieces of things t-slot?

Cheers,
G
 
8020 is the most common. Be sure to use anodized extrusions and stainless steel hardware. The site also has engineering calculators to help you understand deflection, allowing minimal profile selection for the task at hand.
 
I built my 6' light rack with 15 series that was on Amazon believe it or not. My tank stand was AluFab.
But the 15 series on Amazon is sold by 80/20. I just looked and it's the same price as on the 80/20 site.
 
Member Reefer Reboot used the software at 8020 to design my light mount. He was able to give me a list of every piece needed and I was able to order everything from them. All pieces were precut so all I had to do was assembly.
Samples

Dimensions.jpg


exnisstech build list.jpg
 
I have purchased some off-brand extrusions and have been rather disappointed with quality. Poor quality control and straightness were the main issues. 8020 is a bit more expensive, but I think they have better QC.
 
I purchased from t-nutz for both tank stands (for my sumps) and a custom lighting mount. Having nothing to compare to I found their quality to be great. I am pleased with my purchase.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new