OP
OP
T.W.

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of lights u running? Those ati's?

I'm not sure what brand of bulbs came with the light but they are 24W 2 whites are 10,000K and 2 actinic blues..I am sure they werent ATI's..Its a cheap T5HO 4 bulb fixture from fishneedit.com...its pretty basic nothing fancy but it works..I have seen decent growth on my zoanthids and mushrooms..

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what brand of bulbs came with the light but they are 24W 2 whites are 10,000K and 2 actinic blues..I am sure they werent ATI's..Its a cheap T5HO 4 bulb fixture from fishneedit.com...its pretty basic nothing fancy but it works..I have seen decent growth on my zoanthids and mushrooms..
Try 6500K CFT/CFL spiral type ones if you are not happy with the ones you have but Zoas and Palys do not really need high end type of lighting and will do well under the daylight types e.g. 5500K or preferably 6500K .. a set of two of those CFL's can be bought at big box stores for about $12.00 if I remember correctly and they last for a long time ...

OP
OP
T.W.

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order from SaltCritters.com came in today!! I ordered a John Deere Leptastrea piece and a mystery coral, which I think is a Chalice? I am very pleased with the size of coral I recieved for the price!! $25 for the John Deere and $5 for the mystery.. was fun waiting to see what they picked out for me too. Here are a few pics of each
SANY0525.jpg

The color is coming back quickly in the John Deere..Once it fully recovers from traveling I'll snap another pic or two
SANY0542.jpg

SANY0540.jpg

This one is very cool..I couldn't decide what else to get so I had the Guys/Gals at SaltCritters decide for me lol. I think they did awesome
SANY0544.jpg

I will definately be ordering from them again..I have been wanting a Ricordea so

OP
OP
T.W.

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks..that sump was my second edition..lol..1st one didn't have a refugium and my chaeto was winding up all over the place. I have since passed that sump system on to a friend (who happens to work at a fish store). I am working on getting a 40 breeder set up in the next few months.. when I do my 20 tall will become my sump!

OP
OP
T.W.

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Luke and albert. That was my first online livestock order and I tell ya that I will for sure be going back to saltcritters.

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Luke and albert. That was my first online livestock order and I tell ya that I will for sure be going back to saltcritters.

Glad you are pleased with what you got as sometimes online ordering can indeed be a bit of a challenge, in most cases not but ... it happens ...

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dropped this 2 headed beauty into my tank yesterday afternoon..Lovin the Hammer!!! SANY0597.jpg
Wow ... no wonder you are happy with it ... Looks gorgeous ! The Polyps are out nicely and some are starting to show that hammer look ...

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be in Orlando this week-end giving a talk on Saturday evening at the ORCA July meeting so for anyone in the area you may wish to visit their site and if you can attend that would be nice ... Spread the news pls, and T.W. sorry for posting it here but I wanted to get as many people as possible to be aware of it. Thanks

ALBERT

OP
OP
T.W.

T.W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL it's ok Albert..its only a forum thread..just don't be dropping signs in my front yard!!! :bigsmile:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 45.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back