T5 bulb combination?

matt_97055

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2014
Messages
108
Reaction score
38
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going back to t5 from led. I need some insight on bulbs. I am getting the ATI 24" 8 bulb dimmable. The bulbs we have come with are.

2-purple plus
2-actinic
2-coral plus
2-aqua blue special

What's your thoughts???
 
No blue plus? Personally 4 bulbs would be blue plus and maybe 5. The other 4 would be 2 coral plus 1 purple plus and 1 aquablue special. When they're all on it would have a white appearance. For a more blue appearance ditch the aquablue and replace it with a blue plus.
 
I run 4 blue actinic one azure blue and one purple actinic giesemann
 
This is what I found on a ati thread. I screen shot them for when my fixture comes in.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1450623079.371140.jpg


ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1450623091.353811.jpg


ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1450623099.933539.jpg
 
I like 5 blue plus 2 purple plus and 1 GE6500K. The giesemann bulbs are really good as well.
 
I would do
5 blue+
1 coral+
1 purple+
1 actinic


Or
4 blue+
2 CORAL+
1 purple +
1 actinic
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new