t5 bulb recommendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jose102173
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jose102173

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2015
Messages
57
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I presently have a current 48" 8x54 watt fixture on a 110 gallon DT 24" high. The bulbs I have are front to back. All ati. I wanted to start with more sps corals.
blue+
blue+
purple+
aquablue special
blue+
aquablue special
purple+
aquablue special
Any recommendation on my bulbs. Also thinking about getting a reef brite strip. Which strip should I buy or not?

Thanks,
Jose
 
If your worried about PAR get an ATI fixture, the reflectors are bar none. They put off way more usable light then any other fixture out there. Trust me I have a ATI Sunpower 6x80W. DO NOT get a reef brite it won't support SPS. There is nothing wrong with the combination you have now, unless you wanted to change the kelvin rating of the tank. I personally would take out one of the purple+ you only need one your asking for algae growth. I would swap it out for a blue+. Also if the fixture you have now is putting off enough par replace the purple+ and one blue+ for 2 coral+.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new