T5 DIY parts source

  • Thread starter Thread starter b4tn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2015
Messages
1,679
Reaction score
2,227
Location
Columbia MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about adding 2 48" Coral Plus T5's, one on each side of my ORT247's. I am having a hard time finding components. I found singe 48" fixtures here that have digital ballasts built in, reflectors included, and would be easy to mount in a canopy.

https://www.htgsupply.com/products/growbright-4-foot-1-lamp-high-output-t5/#fixture

With two fixtures and two bulbs I am looking at about $150 not including materials to make a new canopy. But I would kind of like to have one plug and one balast and those lights come with bulbs which I dont need. Anywhere sell just a fixture and separate balasts? Or fixtures without bulbs? Etc..
 
I picked up some parabolic reflectors and a T5-HO ballast from a hydroponics shop for pretty cheap. Good quality without the aquarium markup. I think I ended up ordering the endcaps from 10000 bulbs or somewhere like that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new