T5 for 40 cube

BkReefBaby

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2015
Messages
718
Reaction score
290
Location
Stamford, CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
how many bulbs should a t5 fixture have for a 40 cube dimensions are 24 X 20 X 19?! i have a kessil 360we makes the tank look great... great growth on the LPS but i haven't seen any growth from the sps and i don't think its the water parameters...I think i should supplement with T5 and call it quits on the Kessil....Any recommendations, ideas, suggestions would be great thanks again!


water parameters
Nitrate <.5
phosphate <.05
ph 8.1
ammonia 0
sallinity 1.026
Temp 77/78
 
I think i should supplement with T5 and call it quits on the Kessil

Are you wanting to supplement the kessil with t5 or go t5 all the way?

I am no pro on t5 but If I went the supplement route and kept the kessil I would probably go with 2 t5s on either side for a total of 4.

If I went t5 only I would probably go with a 6 bulb fixture.

Hopefully a t5 pro will chime in as well.
 
I want to supplement but I would also give up the kessil if the T5s are that much better.
 
I'd recommend the ati sunpower 6x24w. The dimensions will work with your tank and with 6 bulbs you'll have plenty of light so you can eliminate the kessil.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new