T5/LED Combo

  • Thread starter Thread starter kv69
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kv69

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
503
Reaction score
90
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 8 bulb t5 unit that I decided to modify this weekend after I went to the frag swap and saw the blue the new Kessil A360We put off. I have read about so many people going back from LEDto T5 for color and growth, so the jackleg redneck in me said self, "what if I do both?"

So here you go... Here's what happened.

20140412_164601.jpg


So I'm running 2 ATI actincs, I coral plus, and 5 blue plus, And this New Kessil A360We it covers my tank which is 36 x 18 x 28. Yeah its deep hence the 8 T5's.

But the addition of the Kessil turned all the way up 100 % on blue with the T5's is insane(I'm only running about 25 percent right now, but yeah I turned it up to 75 and well.....) Jackleg - Redneck Score!!

Its compact and doesn't even get in the way on my set up. I drilled two holes for the Kessil and bought a 5m x 80 screw from lowes and a couple of 5m nuts, took the ring mount off and spun her on, connected the power.... and 20 minutes later KAPOWWWWWW!

I'll try to take some diff pics tomorrow if I have time.

And I'm about to start a rebuild thread for the 80 something tank I can't reach the bottom of.
 
Last edited:
You ever take a FTS? interested in doing the same.
 
I use the kessil over my zoa and lps lagoon and I upgraded to a reefbrite xho actinic. I paired the Kessil to a bluefish controller. But.. it was a great combo when I had it going. Hence adding the reefbrite to keep the actinic pop in the am and pm and to be able to run my t5's for 8 hours instead of 12 hours.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new