T5/Led hybrid OR Led + supplemental Led Bars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ronnyking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ronnyking

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2017
Messages
44
Reaction score
37
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to you all,

I'm from Belgium. I have a red sea reefer 250 which is cycling at the moment. I built a DIY led system, but I want to add more light to the sides.
I'm on the verge of buying an 36" aquatic life fixture to supplement my DIY Led system (24" would not be enough i think?), but I was wondering if i could achieve similar results with adding two led bars on either side (Orphek or others)? Do any of you have experience that can be helpful for my decision?

Thanks a lot!
 
I just replaced two 80 watt t5's with two Orphek OR2 120's and the par was only slightly less with the OR2's. It will be nice not having to buy bulbs ever again. I've only had the Orpheks for a few weeks now so no real world experience yet with coral growth. I also run 5 kessil a360we's.
 
I just replaced two 80 watt t5's with two Orphek OR2 120's and the par was only slightly less with the OR2's. It will be nice not having to buy bulbs ever again. I've only had the Orpheks for a few weeks now so no real world experience yet with coral growth. I also run 5 kessil a360we's.

What about comparability concerning eliminating shadowing and disco effect?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new