T5 led hybrid

Aquarium Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. So I'm thinking of doing a t5 hydra 52 hybrid on my 60 gallon cube. Do you think this is too much lighting for a cube? Already have the hydra but I've heard good things about having tts as well. What's your thoughts?

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. So I'm thinking of doing a t5 hydra 52 hybrid on my 60 gallon cube. Do you think this is too much lighting for a cube? Already have the hydra but I've heard good things about having tts as well. What's your thoughts?

Not at all. I'm running a single xr30 g4 pro over a 50 cube (45 technically) and I needed more light. Even at 100% intensity, I wasn't getting the coverage I needed. Added the Aquatic Life hybrid, and so far it's made a positive impact.

289a398b7f0829dbad37c2f8578949f3.jpg

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. That's the one I'm looking at getting. What bulbs do you run?

I'm running 4 Actinic bulbs, as I wanted to develop color in some of the SPS that really need the UV/Violet spectrum to shine (literally and figuratively!).

Most people will tell you to run B+, which is fine, but I don't care for the windex look. What you run depends on what you need. If you need all around spectrum run Coral+, if you need color Actinics. I personally think there's better choices than B+ with either C+ or Actinics, depending on what you want/need.

OP
OP
Aquarium Junkie

Aquarium Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running 4 Actinic bulbs, as I wanted to develop color in some of the SPS that really need the UV/Violet spectrum to shine (literally and figuratively!).

Most people will tell you to run B+, which is fine, but I don't care for the windex look. What you run depends on what you need. If you need all around spectrum run Coral+, if you need color Actinics. I personally think there's better choices than B+ with either C+ or Actinics, depending on what you want/need.
Thank you for the info. I'll do some research into what the bulbs will do for me. I'm not looking for propagating more just to enjoy the colors and watch them grow. Just want to make sure it's all covered and reaches the bottom with out frying anything at the top.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the info. I'll do some research into what the bulbs will do for me. I'm not looking for propagating more just to enjoy the colors and watch them grow. Just want to make sure it's all covered and reaches the bottom with out frying anything at the top.

If you aren't getting the oomph you need from the XR30's, you could add a pair of Blue+ as well. Personally I enjoyed what I got from the 4 actinic bulbs, but just to shake things up a bit I added 2 B+ in place of 2 Actinics.

If I really want growth to take off, I'll put in Geisemann Tropic 6500k in place of the blue plus. Either 1 or two of them. They are kinda ugly to the eye but corals ADORE them.

From ATI -- These are the two bulbs that don't get enough love.

• Aquablue Special -- It has all the same 6500k lighting spectrum but added in some of the Blue+ phosphors to make it less yellow to our eyes. Basically just concealing a little of that dingy yellow 6500k for nothing but our viewing pleasure.
  • Coral Plus -- Their only bulb that contains phosphors from ALL their bulbs. It's perfectly balanced (as all things should be). It has the Blue+, Purple+, Actinic, and Aquablue Special phosphors. Visually it's a little pinkish, but that is easily balanced out with other lighting.
ATI uses phosphors from their many different bulbs to make their newest Coral Plus bulb. The basically just take a percentage of each bulb and put them all together to create a new light that's super balanced.

Back