T5 Light height help

  • Thread starter Thread starter blackz151
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blackz151

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2013
Messages
110
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend I'll be adding my new giesemann 8 bulb over the top of a db 80 rimless (48"x 24"x 16")
At first Ill only be running 6 bulbs 3 blue+ 2 coral and 1 purple ATI.

My question is with such a shallow tank how high up should I start the light. Right now the tank is half lit with and old school t5 4 bulb light right on the water line so I cant really use that to compare.

Does 10" seem like a good starting point or should I come down a little bit? I know Ill end up moving it over time just dont want to screw it up from the get go.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new