T5 Lighting combination for Red Sea Max C-250

FishyScientist

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned a Red Sea Max C-250 for a couple of years. I have changed out the lights several times by ordering a set off eBay. I have had some success with soft and Lps corals. I am thinking of getting a couple of sps corals. I know sps corals demand very strict conditions and would like to know the best T5 lighting combo for my mixed reef tank. The T5 lighting system is for six lights.
 
Hello,

A popular T5 combo is 2 coral +; 2 blue+ and 2 actinic. Brs has a vid that was good. there was another one out there too, just can’t remember where. They showed how the tank would look under different lights.

A few things to address when setting up the light. The sps would need to be placed toward the upper 1/3 depending on tank depth and how high above the tank the fixture is and if the tank has lids on it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new