T5 Lighting question

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
239
Location
Hoover, AL.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering getting a T5 retrofit to supplement the chinese black boxes that I currently have. The tank is a standard 180G (72x24x24). At first I was planning to get two sets of 39 watt T5, however if I were to goto a 60 inch T5 the cost would almost be half.

Wanted to see if anybody is running 5 ft bulbs on a 6ft tank and how it looks not having that 6 inches of lighting on both sides?

Thanks
Randy
 
I run a 8 bulb ATI over my custom 200g that is 26.5 inches deep and that 6 inches that doesn't have bulbs over it is the only place I can grow Zoa's and sensitive LPS, too much light over the rest of the tank for them. SPS are loving it in the middle though.
 
I run a 8 bulb ATI over my custom 200g that is 26.5 inches deep and that 6 inches that doesn't have bulbs over it is the only place I can grow Zoa's and sensitive LPS, too much light over the rest of the tank for them. SPS are loving it in the middle though.

Awesome. That doesn't sound like too big of a deal
 
Hi randy I have icecaps for your retro!
 
I rebuild icecaps so as for age.. well I would call it new :-)
Pm me :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new