T5 mounting height

Guttersnipe

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2018
Messages
745
Reaction score
771
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reef2reef! I was just curious about how high you t5 users mout your lights over the tank.
my tank is a 75 gallon 20 inch tall.
what would you recommend?
My light is an 8 bulb powermodule.
thnaks.
 
Years ago I asked the question on reef central and the average seemed to around 10"-11".
I have mine on both tanks at 11".
 
4" on my 120.
It sits on Tslot siliconed onto the rim.
Has door sliders and can be moved back to work on tank.
My 45 frag tank is only 12" deep and is hung 10" off the surcace.
20191023_194507.jpg
20191023_195459.jpg
 
Very slick work there @90's reefer. Might steal the idea for my next build.
Go for it! It has worked well and makes working on the tank easy with zero light spill. All light goes to the corals!
20200223_134631.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new