T5 replacement bulbs, 48 inch normal output bulbs availability

HildebrandRarity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening all, I just got a Coralife 48 inch t5 fixture and was looking to purchase some extra bulbs but am unable to find the normal output kind anywhere , 28 watts. Is there some other brand I can substitute or use the high output bulbs instead? Any help is appreciated many thanks

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hagen? I used to use these normal output bulbs on my tank when it was cycling. Not sure if 48" is 28 watts though.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really sure what a standard 28w 48in bulb is. For the most part a standard 48in bulb is 54w.

OP
OP
HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the one, each normal output bulb says they are 28 watts

A4446254-6BF1-45B4-81A9-D3EFC5C48128.jpeg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learn something everyday, didn’t realize their was a 48in 28w bulb. I haven’t seen those, not sure where you could get those.

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learn something everyday, didn’t realize their was a 48in 28w bulb. I haven’t seen those, not sure where you could get those.

+1

I always thought a 48" NO bulb was like 40 watts. May have been thinking about T5's to begin with though. Sorry. Bad math on my part.

Last edited:

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are very limited with that fixture if you're looking for bulbs for a saltwater tank.
Personally I'd exchange the fixture for a HO unit. Then you can get bulbs anywhere and from many different brands.

Look on Amazon, I've seen the 28w Coralife bulbs there. Coralife only makes 2 bulbs suitable for saltwater - an actinic and a 10k - very limited for spectrum.

OP
OP
HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are very limited with that fixture if you're looking for bulbs for a saltwater tank.
Personally I'd exchange the fixture for a HO unit. Then you can get bulbs anywhere and from many different brands.

Look on Amazon, I've seen the 28w Coralife bulbs there. Coralife only makes 2 bulbs suitable for saltwater - an actinic and a 10k - very limited for spectrum.
I’ll check amazon, couldn’t find any at first, and I may return it for the high output, don’t need it necessarily for my fish only tank, just wanted something nice for fish and rocks. Thanks for your message

I’ll check amazon, couldn’t find any at first, and I may return it for the high output, don’t need it necessarily for my fish only tank, just wanted something nice for fish and rocks. Thanks for your message

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back