T5 replacement

crappie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2020
Messages
123
Reaction score
111
Location
Topeka
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know everyone has different ideas on when to replace bulbs time wise but is there any reason to replace them if they are still putting out 250-350 par and that’s all I need?
 
I know everyone has different ideas on when to replace bulbs time wise but is there any reason to replace them if they are still putting out 250-350 par and that’s all I need?
Nope. No reason at all. I wouldn’t replace them until they break or the par significantly diminishes. At least 2 years.
 
Nope. No reason at all. I wouldn’t replace them until they break or the par significantly diminishes. At least 2 years.
Thanks, that’s what I was looking for!
 
Thanks, that’s what I was looking for!
Even the spectrum shift is insignificant. After 2 years, the shift it so minimal that even a spectrometer could barely tell the difference.

BRS did a test:

 
I know everyone has different ideas on when to replace bulbs time wise but is there any reason to replace them if they are still putting out 250-350 par and that’s all I need?
Love the Avatar pic. Dad and I would fish Phantom Lake in my old neighborhood back in the 70s. It had perch, bass (small mouth), crappie, sunfish and catfish. It was FULL of fish!!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new